AML

AML
Photo by Layna Hendrich of PhotographyLayn

Sunday, August 3, 2014

An Incredible Year

This year's pageant was very bittersweet for me. The past year has been truly life-changing, and while I was sad to see my year of reigning as Ms. Wheelchair USA come to an end, I am so excited about what the Lord has in store for me as I line up speaking events for this fall and next spring. His plans are perfect!

I thought I was going to show up in Ohio and fill the mentor role for the contestants, but I quickly realized that they had so much to teach me as well! It was another amazing chance to see other women in chairs and the bond that we all automatically have. I know they are all going to do great things in their communities, and I am excited for the new Ms. Wheelchair USA, Yvette Pegues, as she begins her journey promoting A Legacy of Literature.

I was going to go through a day-by-day breakdown of the pageant week, but my friend, Jen Onsum, did such a great job on her blog, that I will just direct you there if you are interested. Check out Jen's post here. I will include a few pictures from the pageant week from my perspective, but be on the lookout for another post in the next few days. We just got back from an event in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, and it was amazing!

Yes, please!

Fun parade with Dianna
Group shot at Rubber City Harley Davidson

Throwing out a pitch at the Akron Rubber Ducks game.

No comments:

Post a Comment